Liposuction is one of the top ten cosmetic procedures and has been for over a decade. Often, the first question people ask when considering liposuction is: how much does it cost?
Several factors decide how much liposuction will cost, including the number of areas that need treatment, the hospital costs, the method used, the surgeon, etc. Generally speaking, prices can range between $3,000 and $10,000 (AUD). Depending on the areas of the body, costs differ:
- One area of the body – between $3,000 and $5,000
- Two areas of the body – between $5,000 and $6,500
- Three areas of the body – between $6,500 and $8,000
- Four-six areas of the body – between $9,500 and $15,000
An “area” of the body is defined as: neck, upper abdomen, lower abdomen, outer thighs (both), inner thighs (both), love handles (both), upper arms (both), knees (both), calves or ankles (both).
Many methods of liposuction have a base price, with additional costs added if the size of the area is larger or you wish to have additional liposuction.
- Vaser liposuction starts from $3,300 to $4,400 with an average of $1,750 additional for additional areas
- Vaser Hi Def liposuction starts at $7,000 for women and $10,000 for men, with an average of $2,000 for an additional area, depending on size
- Traditional liposuction is a bit cheaper, starting at around $2,200 with an average of $1,100 more for an additional area, depending on size.
Be Wary of Deals
Surgeons and treatment centers offering significantly lower prices or deals for liposuction. With surgeon fees, consultation fees, anaesthetician fees, and hospital fees, liposuction is not a cheap procedure. The risks outweigh the benefits and often, a skilled surgeon will not be running ‘specials’ on liposuction. Botched surgery can cause scarring, skin discoloration, nerve damage, or uneven skin. This can be difficult (and more expensive) to correct.
For specific pricing information or the best price on liposuction, you will have to visit a few surgeons. The Australian Medical Association regulates the way liposuction can be marketed with regards to cost. It’s also hard for a surgeon to advertise a specific price because each individual’s needs and requirements are different. Most reputable surgery centers offer payment plans or financing for liposuction procedures.